Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-22-2021, 08:51 AM)Branduil Wrote: Really the biggest thing Cuban should be embarrassed about is the fact that two teams that were ahead of us in the 2018 draft and took worse players are nonetheless title contenders while the Mavs sit at home. It's impossible not to think that is playing a huge part in what's happened. Years of bad drafting and then betting big on KP has resulted in a supporting cast magnitudes worse than the competition.

Those two teams are "title contenders" because neither has run into a healthy Clippers team.  We were better than Atlanta in regular season and I would take my chances against them in a playoff series.  The Suns had a great regular season, but of the top 4 teams they were least scary to me (until the Nuggets and then Jazz injuries).  Also lets not forget that a big part of the Suns success is a 38 year old point guard having a magical season.  He is obviously not a factor in their long term outlook.

Some mistakes have been made the last two years, but sometimes I think its a little overstated on here.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out | Forde's Sportsology to assist | Voulgaris likely out? - by mvossman - 06-22-2021, 03:04 PM