Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
Mark just doesn't seem to want to take responsibility for or accept his failings and shortcomings.  The MBT has been a disaster since 2011.  We were fortunate enough to land Luka (credit to the MBT for identify the talent and spending what it took to get him) but they are doing their best to make sure Luka isn't here long term.  

When the business side news broke, Mark was quick to say he wasn't involved in the day-to-day thus washing his hands of responsibility.  He was at least smart enough to hire Cynt to right that ship.  His ownership of that situation was disappointing.  Dirk said more meaningful things on behalf of the organization than Mark.  By all accounts, Cynt is doing a great job (not surprising given her pedigree).  It's too bad Mark can't learn from that experience and do the same for the basketball operations side of the house.

I think Mark had a plan after he fired Donnie.  I'm not sure he was expecting Carlisle to leave.  Is Mark an idiot?  No.  Can smart people do dumb things?  Yes.  I think years of Dirk carrying this team to successful records made Mark overconfident in his ability to run a team.  I've long though we wouldn't get changes to the MBT until Luka asked out of the organization.  Turns out I was wrong on that account.  I still don't think Cuban will make the necessary changes to have a successful franchise until Luka is out the door and maybe not even then.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM… - by cow - 06-22-2021, 01:00 PM