Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-22-2021, 08:42 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Oh, no. Taking the Clippers to 7 is, I think, a huge achievement, which you'd know if you'd read my 1,000 posts about being patient and not expecting the Mavs to actually contend this year. I think the team was better than it should've been these last two seasons (right or wrong - that was my opinion). 

The "dumpster fire" is the way the organizational aspects of this franchise have come across over the past week. Maybe I value different things than you do, but I would be really embarrassed about that if I were Cuban, or honestly, anyone who worked for the team. I think they are embarrassed, honestly. 

Doesn't mean they can't fix it. I just wanted to make the distinction. You might not have been sub-tweeting me here, but if you were, I just want to point out that up until about 5 days ago I was one of the most positive people here about the Mavs. I'm all for perspective when it comes to building the on-court product.

I definitely think the process has been ugly and messy, but the end outcome is good ... and really, that's all that matters.    Mainly, the MBT should have been broken up a long time ago, and that it's stayed on so long is part of the reason why it's so messy.    Relationships and boundaries decayed in a way that happens with stagnation and time, and familiarity brings the kind of hurt personal feelings where you leak organization dirty laundry to the press rather than be a Pro and just deal with it.     It has all he hallmarks of a bad marriage that has held on about 5 years too long.      

Falling into Luka has been a huge blessing, but it also added distortions to the franchise lifecycle that otherwise would have played out.    RC and Donnie should have been let go and new blood should have brought in to rebuild the franchise after the Dirk Era, but then we immediately moved into the Luka era almost right away.   And Luka putting the team into contention at such a young age sped up the rebuilding cycle to the point where they went all in on a high risk move with the KP trade before the overall team talent level was in place to make that kind of move.   But this is all in hindsight.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out | Forde's Sportsology to assist | Voulgaris likely out? - by HanspardsShowerVoice - 06-22-2021, 08:45 AM