Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-19-2021, 08:19 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote:  In fact, it may not take much.  No one really scares me right now.  I think we would have had a good shot at the WCF's with the addition of guys like Crowder/Batum.  Imagine if we could add someone a little further up the food chain.

I think this is kind of a dangerous attitude to have. The no one really scares me right now/we are fairly close. 
We are in a weird period of transition in the NBA. I mean look at all the teams that made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. You are getting a first time nba champion or first one since 83. So the power and talent is still shifting and the league is wide open. You will have years like this occasionally. 

But that's not sustainable. The entire history of the NBA tells us that you are going to get multiple powerhouses you are going to have to deal with to win titles. There may not be one now but there will be. Heck maybe the Mavs are one of those teams. 

But if you don't have the mindset that we need to get significantly better, I think you have the wrong mindset. There is no way this team is close to competing with the typical quality of team that's winning nba championships.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out | Forde's Sportsology to assist | Voulgaris likely out? - by cjeter24 - 06-19-2021, 11:53 AM