Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-19-2021, 12:57 AM)F Gump Wrote: Oops. My bad. But my answer is still in the same vein.

I do think Dirk and Mark are friends and Dirk is likely to be candid on whatever he is asked. But imo that's not enough. In fact, I think "ask a friend" is the same ole same ole approach by Mark.

The issue is, would Cuban see Dirk as having the front office knowledge to be smarter than Cuban, in advising him how to structure his front office? Cuban needs to be soliciting input from people smarter (on whatever topic), so that he feels compelled to listen. What in Dirk's years of owning teams, or running front offices, would compel Cuban to defer to his judgment on such things?

If Mark isn't asking questions of THOSE sort of guys, much smarter than him, and deferring, nothing has changed, or can change.

I was thinking last night why have that meeting? What was said during it? 

Trying to determine the direction of the team... That's interesting considering you hired a firm to hire a gm and then it seems like the GM will be at least in on the hiring process for coach. 

So what is their to discuss in that meeting? 

I believe they absolutely had to have discussed where things went wrong and why things are the way they are now. And how things should change. That's the only logical reason you have that meeting. Hopefully some people told Cuban what he needed to hear that you needed someone to come in and take charge with a plan and stop trying to be so hands on. It's so incredibly obvious to any sane person other than Cuban.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by cjeter24 - 06-19-2021, 11:46 AM