Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor
(06-18-2021, 04:34 PM)cow Wrote: I don't see it has a PR play.  Dirk isn't stupid and I don't think he'd let himself get used that way.  24 years of stability was just removed.  Days later 13 years of stability were removed.  Bring back 21 years of stability and someone your two super stars trust and will listen to.  He might have some cursory input on the next GM, but he's giving a voice to a mostly voiceless organization at this point, Cuban aside. 

I wish Dirk were around in a player development role for KP/Luka these last two years.  I really think it would have turned out differently.  And while I don't think KP is salvageable for the Mavs at this point, Dirk might be the only guy who could do it.

Dirk isn't being used. He's doing a favor for a friend, and presumably is being paid for his trouble. 

You could be right that, in addition to the PR aspects, Luka and the players in general might garner some comfort with Dirk in the picture. 

No doubt, Dirk could have been helpful if he had chosen to remain in an active role. However, he has done a lot for the franchise, and has earned a rest, if that's what he wants. (Realize you aren't saying he doesn't.)
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor - by mavsluvr - 06-18-2021, 04:44 PM