Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor
(06-18-2021, 04:35 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Probably not the right topic for this thread and it´s not like we haven´t discussed the topic to death so I will keep it short. I just don´t see a reason to feature the current version of KP on offense. He simply wasn´t good enough. Just really bad when he had to do more than just catch and shoot/finish. Coaches did him and the team a favor when they reduced his iso/post volume and turned him into a catch and shoot only guy. 12.5 percentile for isos, 58.8 percentile for post ups, 50 percentile as the roll man, 81.3 percentile as a spot up shooter. We already mentioned the importance of analytics. The Mavs probably have even more numbers to justify the decision.

I just see that as a self fulfilling prophecy at that point.  If he wasn't good enough, why play him at all?  Why did you trade for him?  Why did you give him a max contract?  I guess my greater point, is that there is more than enough blame to go around in the KP debacle.  But we are here now.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor - by cow - 06-18-2021, 04:39 PM