Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor
@"mavsluvr", while I don't really love how we got to this point, it's what I've wanted for a long time.  I'm pretty excited all and all.  Cuban could pop that bubble at any moment, but I have a lot of hope for what could be.

(06-18-2021, 04:24 PM)DallasBasketball Wrote: @"mavsluvr" wrote:

I have wondered over the years why Rick stayed here so long after the title, through all the mediocre and rebuilding rosters, when he seemed pretty clearly overqualified for the season-by-season jobs. It seems really weird to me that he went through all that, and then left just when things were looking up, at least on paper. I'm not saying that the change is necessarily a bad thing. The way it has all gone down has caused me some concern, I admit. 

I believe that Carlisle believed he had the coaching position he wanted in the organization he wanted to part of. He had a President he trusted and believed that their team could put him in position to win. He had a championship here. He had an owner that valued him and was willing to do almost anything to be competitive. He had a good support staff. He had Dirk for many years with hope of finding a 2nd star. He liked the city and his family laid down roots. He could stomach a rebuild because he believed in what we were doing here. He has input. He was valued. We needed a “top 10 defense to go with our top 5 offense.” This is what Rick believed was needed to win a championship. Donnie tried to deliver. Now this is all what I believe. I believe he could have made it work with Doncic. I believe he wanted to. I believe when Donnie left, he knew his time was limited, and rather than wait around for a new GM, he had to leave now and control his own destiny. 

There is probably a story about a bad Apple in the organization but I didn’t need to mention it. The way I see it, Donnie leaving was something no one saw coming. Except Vulgar Bob the reported bad Apple.

I think it is just a matter of loyalty to Dirk and Donnie.  And then they stumbled upon Luka to keep his interest.  Donnie leaving and the other nonsense was probably just too much to bare.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor - by cow - 06-18-2021, 04:26 PM