Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor
(06-18-2021, 03:58 PM)cow Wrote: KP coming out of New York was going to get a max contract, even with his injury history.  I think his value playing in Dallas has tanked.  If he were a free agent today, what type of contract do you think he'd get?  There is a reason that KP wants out.  His basketball legacy and future earnings are on the line.  Playing in Dallas has probably cut his value in half.  And while injuries play a part, they aren't the whole story.  If I'm another top end player, I probably look at that situation and cross Dallas off of the places I want to play.  That's my point.

KP looked better than ever prior to the 2nd injury. He wasn´t happy with his role but it´s not like he was a low maintenance guy in NY. Don´t think you can blame the coaches or even the GM for his decline. He simply wasn´t good. Of course that is going to tank his value. What are the options. Feature KP and risk a worse record. Luka probably won´t like that. Not an option. Go with the Mavs approach and limit his role. That´s basically the middle ground. Bench him. Let him recover and hope that he can improve when he comes back. KP won´t like that. He thinks he is ready to be a star player.

In hindsight it is easy to say that the Mavs panicked and rushed his return. Would he have more value if he had missed another season but looked like an allstar when he last played?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor - by dirkfansince1998 - 06-18-2021, 04:14 PM