Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor
(06-18-2021, 04:06 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Thanks for the clarification, cow. 

To the extent that KP's value has decreased, I see that as being almost solely due to his injury history and the seeming deleterious effect on his mobility. If the issue is just that he isn't being used in a manner to maximize his impact, I think other teams are usually smart enough to get that, and will evaluate him as he would be used in their systems.  

Free agents will continue to come or not come to Dallas, as the case may be. To the extent some of them cross Dallas off their lists, I don't think it will be because KP's value may have decreased since he left NY. I could be wrong, of course.

Injuries play their part yes, but KP is playing with no confidence and that has a lot to do with how he was coached and who he played with.  He certainly gets blame too.  I fully believe he can become the player the league so potential in from his New York days and who we saw flashes of with our own eyes, but if we trade him, we are being taken to the woodshed on value. 

A lot will depend on what happens next, but I do think Dallas could be a much more attractive destination with Carlisle and Donnie out of the picture.  Cuban is still an issue with some of his relationship with agents and his lack of loyalty to all but a very select few players.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor - by cow - 06-18-2021, 04:13 PM