Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor
(06-18-2021, 03:58 PM)cow Wrote: KP coming out of New York was going to get a max contract, even with his injury history.  I think his value playing in Dallas has tanked.  If he were a free agent today, what type of contract do you think he'd get?  There is a reason that KP wants out.  His basketball legacy and future earnings are on the line.  Playing in Dallas has probably cut his value in half.  And while injuries play a part, they aren't the whole story.  If I'm another top end player, I probably look at that situation and cross Dallas off of the places I want to play.  That's my point.

Thanks for the clarification, cow. 

To the extent that KP's value has decreased, I see that as being almost solely due to his injury history and the seeming deleterious effect on his mobility. If the issue is just that he isn't being used in a manner to maximize his impact, I think other teams are usually smart enough to get that, and will evaluate him as he would be used in their systems.  

Free agents will continue to come or not come to Dallas, as the case may be. To the extent some of them cross Dallas off their lists, I don't think it will be because KP's value may have decreased since he left NY. I could be wrong, of course.

There are a lot of reasons why top-end free agents make one choice or another. If they haven't been coming because they didn't want to play for Carlisle, I guess we'll find that out. Actually, outside of the glamour markets, I don't think there is a team that is a big free agent destination. Crazy as it seems, I just don't think most of these guys' dreams are to go live/work in Dallas. Wrong as that is, no doubt.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor - by mavsluvr - 06-18-2021, 04:06 PM