Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor
(06-18-2021, 03:31 PM)cow Wrote: He should have put more effort into Rondo.  Rondo shares a lot of the blame.  Rick should too.  Those are the type of trades you need to have work.  Rondo is still contributing to teams to this day.  And it isn't just Rondo.  He had issues with Kidd, Collinson, DSJ, Delon, Luka, JRich, KP and probably another half dozen I'm forgetting.  And I don't consider his relationship with Doncic working.  He played hard ass and failed and then just let Luka go yolo when the kid needs a coach.  

I wouldn't come to Dallas as a free agent based on their track record of free agents.  You run the risk of taking a severe reputation risk and hampering your future earnings.

As I said. He isn´t without fault but tried to make it work when it mattered. Kidd and RC came to an agreement and actually had a good relationship in the following years. Rondo went to the Kings and put up empty numbers on a bad team. Jumped from team to team. Has been a solid rotation player in the last few years after he was humbled and adjusted his game (learned to shoot, plays within the scheme). Not really sure what RC could have done in the DSJ, Richardson and Wright situation. One wasn´t happy about his role as the secondary playmaker next to Luka. The other two simply underperformed and at some point RC pulled the plug and benched them.

Doncic case is interesting. In his rookie season he clearly sided with Luka over DSJ. In the 2nd season he basically gave him all the freedom he wanted. I think it was reported that it isn´t about the way RC treats Luka. It´s about RC and other players. That´s a real concern and I would love to get more information on the topic.

It´s not like he is the only coach that clashed with players. Happens to all of them. Even the most player friendly ones. We just tend to focus on the Mavs.

Don´t think the free agent situation is as easy. Just as many examples of players that increased their value under RC.

I am obvious biased and maybe the situation wasn´t salvageable. Just think that it will be really hard to replace his contribution.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor - by dirkfansince1998 - 06-18-2021, 03:53 PM