Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-18-2021, 03:31 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Guess Doncic was the boss and curb-stomped the mid-level peasant Carlisle. Wink

Could be, lol. 

Luka comes from European basketball. Carlisle is a little lamb compared to their tempers, but what always bothered me with Carlisle is that he never seemed to treat everybody with the same level of dis/respect. He played favours and treated players differently. He´d snap at certain players for mistakes and ignore them with others (mostly played out at the rookie/veteran or contract value level). I´m sure it´s not isolated incidents, if a young player steps up to the headcoach for abrasive behaviour.
Yeah, treating different people differently can actually often be appropriate in business and in life, and unfortunately, favoritism is pretty common. I don't really see Carlisle as outside the realm of common experience, but I don't deny that he has had some problems and made some mistakes.

To me, Tim McMahon might have put his finger on it. He thinks that Rick is just not a natural people person. He often presents a gruff exterior, although somewhere inside, there is apparently a caring person. He says Rick has actually tried to be a better people guy, but it doesn't come naturally to him. 

Maybe in the next coaching hire, you sacrifice some of his tactical genius and intense drive for someone who is a little better at relationships. That doesn't mean that Carlisle has to be branded as the incarnation of Satan in terms of how he treated people.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by mavsluvr - 06-18-2021, 03:44 PM