Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor
(06-18-2021, 12:40 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I wonder who the select group of staff members included. The two main guys are gone and the remaining long tenured staff members probably worked for/with them.
Yes, that would be interesting to know. 

I don't like to rain on the parade, but this looks like the same floundering approach as usual. 

They fire Donnie, announce they are hiring a search firm to coordinate the effort to find a replacement. Rick quits. Now they announce that Dirk, who as far as we know, knows nothing about how to search for a new president, will assist in the search. Finley is a candidate for the job, yet he is included in the meeting on searching for candidates. 

I get why Mark might want to gather his besties around him to help him weather the storm. And why he would welcome Dirk's face as a PR move, to help counter the negative publicity. But it just comes across as more of the same hit-or-miss, unorganized, small-time approach to what ought to be a straightforward talent search. It might have been better if they had just announced Dirk's involvement for fan purposes, and not even mentioned the meeting and who was at it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor - by mavsluvr - 06-18-2021, 02:01 PM