Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor
(06-18-2021, 01:10 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: For me, I REALLY believed the things I've written around here over the past decade, both in support of the Mavs and disagreeing with them at times. I didn't reach those conclusions because I was a fan - those conclusions made me a fan, or at least enhanced my commitment to being a fan. 

For sure.

And you know I can and will disagree with the Mavs and their direction at times, so I am not suggesting I am a totally "blind fan" in that regard. This year was actually one of the MOST depressing seasons for me in the decades of following them. Watching Luka's transcendence frankly get wasted was really hard while not understanding many GMing and coaching decisions all along the way. And BECAUSE of that fact, I am really hopeful for the changes. Continuing on the path of this year would have been REALLY hard on me as a fan.  

Maybe Cuban will prove me wrong and things will get worse and he is in fact THE problem and will NEVER change. But I just don't see that when I look at the evidence at this point. But my biases might be blinding me.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor - by Kammrath - 06-18-2021, 01:22 PM