Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-18-2021, 11:50 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: It's weird how we all listened to the same interview and two differing sets of thoughts emerged:

1.  Cuban is the main problem with the Mavs.  He is not only the source of dysfunction but also likes to have the final say in player personnel decisions.

VS

2.  Carlisle and Donnie had to go because Luka/Duffy don't like Carlisle and Donnie isn't as smart as Bob.  What great moves by Cuban.  Now I'm optimistic about the Mavs future.
Just like with everything, I am a wait and see guy. IMO the change needed to be made no matter what. The variable is what MC does going forward. I think promotion from within fully signals and solidifies his reign as just another Jerry Jones, in a slightly different way. 

If that is the case, this more than likely continues to be the same team as the Cowboys with names changed. If not, it could still be a bad choice of GM and coach, but it would seem that without the history MC would have with the new personnel, he could become much more traditional with being a results driven owner. That would be a good change too IMO!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by ItsGoTime - 06-18-2021, 12:37 PM