Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor
(06-18-2021, 11:34 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: The great thing is the market will tell us objectively if Donnie is really that highly respected around the league as a General Manager or if he's just held a gig this long because he was Cuban's pet and Cuban is loyal (to a fault).   He's available, so if he's that highly respected then NBA Owners should be lining up to offer him GM and Team President gigs right now.

Oh, I have no trouble believing that Donnie has been overrated in Dallas. I've felt like that pretty much the entire time, and whether he gets a new job or not, my opinion isn't going to change. 

What I just can't wrap my head around is WHY people who didn't like him think that things are about to be BETTER. This has been a situation wherein a "meh" guy like Donnie felt comfortable and thrived for over 20 years. Think about that. 

The situation isn't changing - it will have a new "meh" guy when this dust clears, but the problem is still the problem.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor - by KillerLeft - 06-18-2021, 12:01 PM