Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-18-2021, 09:12 AM)Tyler Wrote: I think there's some truth to that, but I don't think it's the whole story. We've all heard the story about Cuban and Duffy after the Nash saga, but I think it was MacMahon who said yesterday that Duffy's biggest problem with Dallas was how Carlisle treated his other clients like Rondo and Collison. Reading between the lines we have the same suspicions about JRich. Notice the stories recently about how Carlisle treated Mejri like crap? Duffy client. And the big elephant in the room is Luka, especially with the rumors that he and Carlisle maybe didn't get along so well. So while Donnie leaving can be a negative, Carlisle leaving can be an even bigger positive depending on who Cuban hires to replace him.

Duffy is a big-time agent. He's used to being the bad guy and having conflicts with front offices when he moves players against the wishes of the teams -- that's just part of the business. But the real issue is when his clients aren't put in the best position to succeed on the court, as that directly affects their careers. And that’s primarily a coaching issue. 

So personally, I think the end result could be a big positive on the Duffy front. As you said, literally everything we know about relationships and biases are completely out the window. Including the negatives. Cuban has the opportunity to put guys in place who work extremely well with agents like Duffy, and honestly that's what I would focus a lot of the search consultant's energy on. Burn it down and build it back much better.

FANTASTIC stuff.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by Kammrath - 06-18-2021, 11:27 AM