Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-18-2021, 09:01 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I'm not skeptical....I am skeptical of those who assume Cuban doesn't have the ability to defer to Ujiri. Cuban has massive faults, but he has shown lots of qualities that should give fans hope in this situation. 

IMO Cuban wants to win more than he wants to be GM. I think if he can get Ujiri by deferring his authority I think he will. Time will tell.

Cuban needs someone who he clearly respects. Else he will continue to meddle.   No matter how much he publicly praised Donnie, part of the allure of keeping him so long was Cuban knowing he could exert his influence over some things that the owner needs to stay out of. 

Luka is the same. More than a coach he respects, he needs a veteran leader. A Lowry or a Dragic type who he will trust. JJB not being around IMO was a huge reason why the offense seemed to regress so much from last season in terms of it becoming a much more Luka dominated one. He needs a veteran guard who can gently guide him at this stage in his career.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by hakeemfaan - 06-18-2021, 09:58 AM