Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-18-2021, 07:49 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: This is my biggest question right now.   From what I gather this search firm likes to take their time and does not rush things.  Are we looking at 2 weeks?  A month?  Quite frankly Dallas does not have that much time to spare.    The plans have to be well in progress right now and connections also need to be happening.   I don't think it is possible to bring someone in 3 weeks from now and have him hire a coach, develop an offseason plan, and execute the plan in that short time period.  In honesty, it probably leads to a big mess if they wait 3-4 weeks to hire someone.   Also, with all the leaks recently, I imagine there will be plenty of scouts and front office people who will continue to leak stuff this summer.

The correct answer is still that you don't do *anything* regarding free agency/the draft/trades until the new guy comes in. He needs a blank slate. But you all are correct - the hire needs to take place within 6 days (the one week clock started yesterday) and we are progressively screwed with any days beyond that that the hiring process takes.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by Scott41theMavs - 06-18-2021, 08:19 AM