Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-18-2021, 07:49 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: This is my biggest question right now.   From what I gather this search firm likes to take their time and does not rush things.  Are we looking at 2 weeks?  A month?  Quite frankly Dallas does not have that much time to spare.    The plans have to be well in progress right now and connections also need to be happening.   I don't think it is possible to bring someone in 3 weeks from now and have him hire a coach, develop an offseason plan, and execute the plan in that short time period.  In honesty, it probably leads to a big mess if they wait 3-4 weeks to hire someone.   Also, with all the leaks recently, I imagine there will be plenty of scouts and front office people who will continue to leak stuff this summer.

Totally agree. New guy needs time. If Cuban or anyone intermediate (like Finley) does the draft and FA, no smart GM would come in to take responsibility for the mess. I hope Mavs hire GM in a week or so.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by omahen - 06-18-2021, 07:57 AM