Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-17-2021, 07:02 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Good thoughts.  I am not happy with Carlisle leaving but do think there is an opp for the Mavs.  

I really hope this went down civil and Mark and Rick spoke and Mark said he couldn't guarantee anything in the future and the new GM would be making these decisions.   I don't Rick's job would be in jeopardy now in all likelihood, but he could definitely could be in an odd position in which he wasn't protected.   If the conversation with Mark and Rick went this way than I would call it acceptable.  Rick needs to look out for himself and a change is probably good for him.  IF he decided to jump because things are really rotten here, than that is really bad news.

I seriously doubt it went down this way with the body of evidence presented so far. But I hope it did. No guarantee should be made to Carlisle from Mark. It should be up to the basketball guy to make the decisions..

(06-17-2021, 08:44 PM)embellisher Wrote: Got his pick of 5 other jobs, most likely.

Yep.. That Boston job looks juicy with Tatum and Brown. I'm surprised Ainge was out... But it was time for a change there too. So many misses despite alot of good moves.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cjeter24 - 06-17-2021, 09:07 PM