Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
Now that I’ve had a few thousand breath’s to digest this, I’m starting to feel different.

When Luka got here by the end of season 1 we knew we would have to build a contender fast. The FO stated as such, making statements like ‘we are moving up our timeline.’ 

It may have been the case that Mavs had a long-term and a short-term plan and the short-term plan just hasn’t been good enough. I am the guy who yesterday was arguing for patience, and I’m a believer in continuity, but if you are results oriented there is really only one way to handle this. And I think with Luka we have to be results oriented.

The way to handle a results oriented approach is you have to raise the stakes and risk making big mistakes. You have to change things that aren’t working and do it immediately. That includes the thing you changed in the first place. You do it fast, shrewd and without fear of being wrong. Whatever happens this year and if it doesn’t work it will all be changed next year. As much as possible. 

Unfortunately this is a very short-term strategy, and imo, is less successful over time. But we don’t have the luxury of time anymore. Luka is not Dirk and he’s not going to be loyal to a fault.
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by DallasBasketball - 06-17-2021, 03:53 PM