Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-17-2021, 02:58 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Hey if you had been right about something for 10 years in the face of heavy head wind, you´d occassionally like to rub it in, too. Unfortunately you don´t have that luxury, when it comes to the MBT.  Big Grin

I actually wouldn't rub it in, but that's me. 

But I don't think you actually remember my takes from the last 10 years. I've been called an apologist and a hater. You have this idea that it's all positive vs. negative. You're right and all the positive people are wrong. But that's not how the opinions around here have worked. Lots of people have landed positive on some moves and negative on some moves. There are have been lots of things I didn't like, and said so at the time. But I'm not going to trumpet those opinions like they're some victory.  

You trumpet your opinion on things like Satnum Singh as though you were standing alone. I can actually only rmember one person that liked the Singh pick! You list disagreeing with plan powder on your resume. The board was split down the middle on that one. You mention Harison Barnes. That's another board split. 

Ultimately I'm here as a fan of the Mavs and because talking Mavs is fun. I'm more hopeful than most by nature, here and in my real life. I'm old enough now that my emotions aren't impacted too much one way or the other with basketball. I spent my emotions on Dirk, and now, having a family requires enough investment that the Mavs get less of me.

(06-17-2021, 03:10 PM)omahen Wrote: Carlisle gone

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1405618099840339968

wow
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by fifteenth - 06-17-2021, 03:12 PM