Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
(06-17-2021, 11:01 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I mean could any one of you honestly with a straight face say you think Donnie Nelson is some sort of basketball genius who understands the game and how players skills fit into it better than most?

I say "ah hell no" to that. Every time he would talk I heard an nice, amicable guy who actually knows VERY LITTLE about basketball. I love Donnie and he did a lot for the Mavs, but the dude doesn't really have a good feel for basketball IMO.
That’s not luke warm! Piggybacking onto this, I have wanted Donnie out for at least 15 years. Can’t recall the moment when I came to the realization that he is not the guy, but it was before the championship.

(06-17-2021, 11:02 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: What a mess:

As one rival team executive shared Wednesday, there were times when talking to the Mavericks about trade possibilities meant inevitable confusion. Nelson would paint one picture, so to speak, discussing the possible pieces and players involved in an attempt to get a deal done. But Voulgaris, who this rival executive said had talked to his team simultaneously about a particular deal, would tell a different story. And because Voulgaris was widely known to have a direct line to Cuban, this dynamic was seen by Nelson as damaging to his credibility. When asked over the phone about this assertion on Wednesday, Cuban refuted the idea that Voulgaris had negatively impacted the process.
Any doubt the rival exec is in the Miami FO?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM… - by ItsGoTime - 06-17-2021, 11:07 AM