Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-17-2021, 10:27 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: My personal take is that unless the Mavs are doing some obviously dumb things knowing it would antagonize Luka then it should not matter. 

We were lucky that Dirk was so loyal but we have seen time and again that teams that always worry about placating a transcendent star make bad decisions anyway and even if they make good decisions, there is no guarantee that player will stay. The MBT have to make good sound decisions. If that is not enough for Luka, then no matter how much it would hurt to see him in another jersey, I am fine with it. I know it is easy for me to say and how the net worth of a franchise are tied to a transcendent player. But what else can anyone do?

Agreed.  I don't believe it's likely that Luka will put in a ~15 year career in Dallas like Dirk, but I also don't believe he's going to walk away from a Supermax contract unless the Mavs are overtly doing things that antagonize him.    All this talk about Luka demanding a trade or not signing his 2nd contract are driven by the major market news media, who get more clicks out of player movement than they do about the actual games.  They believe it's an abomination that any elite player isn't playing in a New York or California market.   They tried their hardest to get Giannis out of Milwaukee, and now Luka is next in their crosshairs.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by HanspardsShowerVoice - 06-17-2021, 10:46 AM