Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-17-2021, 08:44 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Cubes will be Cubes to some extent, but hiring a search firm to conduct some bottom up organization re-evaluation and find a suitable fit seems like a sharp change for a guy who didn't even have his previous GM under contract because they were comfortable just winging it.   He's really run the Mavs like some sort of small internet start up that he runs with his former frat buddies.   I really wonder if he's just lost his taste for being down in the trenches of running a basketball operations like he did in 2003.   He's won his Championship, he's got a family now and it seems like just an endless series of headaches ...this debacle, the sexual harassment scandals, etc.   Seems like it's out of control and has gotten away from him at a time when he seems to be more involved in ever in other things like crypto or possibly politics.   I think he'll always be the ultimate decider, but maybe he wants to put in a structured process with a well qualified GM that he trusts that let's him step away out of the "socks and jocks" level of running the Mavs.

I think that sometimes  but then I see him still at all the road games sitting behind the bench.  I don’t think this toy has worn out its fascination for him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by hakeemfaan - 06-17-2021, 09:27 AM