Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-17-2021, 08:36 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Great stuff.

I think the Heat model works because everyone knows where the buck stops at. Riley. Maybe he doesn’t step into someone else’s lanes. Maybe he does. But as long as there is a clear understanding that there is one guy who is accountable then things fall in place.

One thing that bothered me in recent times is that the GM would bring in certain players and RC would have them in his doghouse. Whether it was because those players were not that good or just because RC didn’t agree with the personnel moves,  the playing time was not there. 

For those who say that none of the young players that RC supposedly didn’t play ever made it anywhere else either, then I can use the same logic to counter that none of the retread veterans who he gave heavy minutes to have set the world on fire elsewhere either. 

I am not saying RC ‘s judgement was correct or not. All I am saying is that the GM and the coach have to be on the same page. I don’t even mind RC being the real GM and having someone else having the title just to do the daily grunt work. All I want is accountability than all this dysfunction that has been going on.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by hakeemfaan - 06-17-2021, 08:53 AM