Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
Cuban like any other billionaire has an ego. However I still remember him pulling in Don Carter to accept the trophy and also footing the parade bill himself. He has given plenty of credit to RC and Donnie over the years. 

He will always crave for publicity but I don’t think he will have issues if a high profile GM gets the credit. At the end of the day every owner will still have certain opinions on big money signings or what type of vision he has for the team (for eg decision to tank or trade Luka if their hands are unfortunately forced will still come from the owner). 

I just feel the TOT had got too comfortable with each other and Cuban realized that too. However in trying to be too nice and not wanting to fire Donnie he went about bringing a new guy in the wrong way. I don’t see anything where Cuban will actively interfere with a high profile GM. The part where I see any GM having an issue with Cuban is with him always being vocal about everything on and off the court. Even if he doesn’t actively interfere just the fact that the GM has to always wonder what will come next out of Cuban’s mouth might turn off some potential high profile candidates.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by hakeemfaan - 06-17-2021, 08:34 AM