Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-16-2021, 10:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, but every time we start to think like this, @DanSchwartzgan pops in to remind us that it's really all about agent relationships, and I think he's right. 

I'm more with you than how it seems right now, probably, but i think the human side of the GM gig might be even bigger than it is with the coach. The GM is EVERYONE'S boss. The trainers, doctors, PR, in arena entertainment...everyone.

Not to mention that the GM has to maintain relationships with the OTHER TEAMS, too.

And this is EXACTLY why I was suggesting hiding someone like Voulgaris behind someone like Finley. 

Finley would be "President of Basketball Operations" and would be the boss of all those parties you mentioned. He would also be the guy who relates to the agents and the guy who works through the dynamics of negotiations.....

....BUT then you would have someone like Voulgaris who is the "Head of Roster Management" (or something like that). He would have the authority to guide the roster building and actually direct Finley in who to pursue, what kind of balance to find in trades, and size of contracts. 

Does what I am envisioning make any sense?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by Kammrath - 06-16-2021, 10:46 PM