Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-16-2021, 07:23 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I am disappointed in hearing this.

No offense to Fin, but he's apart of the old brass line of thinking. Here's a chance to finally get an outside guy in with a new mindset.

Watching Atlanta go up 3-2 basically because they added all the players around Trae that the Mavs should have signed or traded for last year (yeah, yeah - if they could), is really hard...it was a no brainer to try for a couple of those I think.

Then for Masai Urji to be coming off his contract in a franchise that is on the way down...for Danny Ainge, who has a longstanding relationship with Carlisle, to be unemployed...either one of those guys makes a WHOLE lot of sense here....too...much...sense.  I mean, even Jerry West...

It feels like we just didn't want to go the extra mile to get Gallo, Bogdan and Lou Williams or Capela for that matter...then to not pick up or at least give SERIOUS consideration to those proven GMs just sitting there with no job... I mean, man, come on.  The Mavs may do that, but if it takes a month and a half to get a GM in place, and we are starting to figure out what to do in late July...oh my word, I'll have to really talk myself off that ledge of frustration.

(06-16-2021, 09:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote: IF someone like Finley is the new "president of basketball operations" AND Voulgaris stays on....

...THEN I would bet Voulgaris will be the real "GM." 

I am open to that because I could see someone like Voulgaris being INCREDIBLY effective if given full reins and decision making is streamlined, but I definitely PREFER an outside voice being given full authority at this point.

But seriously...if Luka doesn't like this guy?  Do you really want to start this off with 2 strikes against you?
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by TXBamanut - 06-16-2021, 09:46 PM