Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
This is making me think about how badly those two sexual assault scandals were handled. 

It may seem completely unrelated to actual 'basketball' issues like Donnie leaving, or how poorly we draft or trade or whatever, but I think dysfunction is dysfunction – and usually first-rate, championship-caliber organizations don't allow for such ugly situations to happen once, much less twice in a short time span.  

Those were really embarrassing and troubling episodes, and I think they reflect poorly on Marc Cuban as an owner. Fair or not, the buck stops with himWe fans tend to gloss over things like that because they're seemingly peripheral, but they reveal either a lack of awareness about whats going on, bad personal values, or a combination of both.  

Remember the ugly stuff that happened with the Knicks about ten years ago?  Anucha Browne Sanders, Isiah Thomas, Eddy Curry, Marbury – you could see the connection between bad/dysfunctional behavior and a sorry, losing team. Or the Wizards during the end of the Arenas era.

Or Jerry Jones, whose controlling ways and poor judgement has led to much dysfunction for decades now.

So when I see this sort of drama playing out now, I wonder if there's simply a lack of accountability/responsibility at the top that will always be here as long as Cuban is owner.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by JREwing - 06-16-2021, 05:57 PM