Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
I will keep believing that Donnie stepped down on his own. The only other explanation is if this was all done behind his back by one of his guys and he found out about what the article was going to include and decided to fall on the sword to get ahead of it on Sunday. Either way, we know things were not working out and he was not happy with the situation and power struggle. 

I highly doubt Luka had any involvement in trying to make Donnie look bad. The interview from Donnie last week was just him giving genuine comments on Luka's development and how he can continue to get better. I did not take it as him throwing Luka under the bus but in today's era, it was framed to look like that. In all of Donnie's time here, I have never heard him throw anyone under the bus...it doesn't matter if it was Josh Howard/Jet disappearing in the playoffs, DSJ looking lost on the court, etc. It wouldn't make sense for him to try to blame Luka there. And from Luka's perspective, one bad quote from Donnie is not enough to warrant him wanting him fired...not the guy who drafted him. If Luka/Duffey were to make a power play then RC would be the first one to go...not Donnie.

I also do not think Cuban had any intention of firing Donnie. If he kept him here through all these years, even all those bad times, why would that suddenly change now? Cuban has had Donnie with him through his entire ownership. Donnie is his ticket to the basketball world, including with other execs, scouts, etc. Personality-wise, they worked well together because Donnie is not very outspoken and tends to work behind the scenes, which allows Cuban to be visible.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by SwisherPrice - 06-16-2021, 05:33 PM