Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-16-2021, 05:17 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The only issue with this theory is that supposedly Cuban decided to part ways with Donnie on Sunday. The Athletic article came out on Monday. So if the article was the supposed nail in the coffin, unless Cubes had a time machine, it couldn't have been the motivator behind the choice for Donnie to walk away. 

Yeah, that's true, and I'm not saying that this is necessarily what I believe happened. 

BUT, the reality of how articles like that work is that the team has known it was coming for a while, even in this type of situation where the writers waited until the last minute to reach out to Cuban for comment. Trust me, Donnie, Cuban, Bob and Carlisle have all known it was on its way for weeks, at least. 

I don't have any more idea of how it went down than anyone else. We're all just trying to connect dots here. All I'm saying is that if we ASSUME this is an indication that a higher level of organization is on the way, that's dangerous, because it's at least equally possible that this is an indication of the wheels shooting off in four different directions. All of this might be way, way worse two weeks from now. I hope not, of course.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by KillerLeft - 06-16-2021, 05:31 PM