Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-16-2021, 05:09 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Random thought: has anyone considered that Carlisle might be a candidate for GM? I don't know that I think that's likely, but it's also not impossible. He could slide Terry Stotts in as coach and keep on running the same system. 

Donnie liked Porzingis. Just like he liked Shawn Bradley and Pavel Podkolzin. I wonder whether any disagreement about how to navigate the crossroads the team is at with KP factored into all of this.

*Raises hand*.  Mentioned earlier, the Brad Stevens solution.  If the disagreement was all around Nelson only and not a bigger issue on the season and general direction status of the team, then the question of what the new GM wants to do directly impacts the coaching direction and vice versa. 

That's a symbiotic thing.  If they still love Rick up top then yeah, they might consider that option as a way of keeping Rick in house. 
Now if differences with Rick are anywhere in the mix or if the desired GM is an "I am going to want my guy" type then it raises a lot more questions that carry into the entire next season.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by Dahlsim - 06-16-2021, 05:17 PM