Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-16-2021, 02:56 PM)WillE Wrote: https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/n...mike-forde

Beat me too it.  I recalled reading this, but wanted to get caught up on the thread before posting.  Thanks to Kamm for his insightful hand-picked quotes from the article.  When the dust settles on the who did what/when part of this (I like Swisher's version), this is what really matters.  Whoever comes in has to be able to work with Cuban.  He's not changing his stripes.  That seems to be part of Forde's shtick.  

Carlisle is an interesting question.  1.  If the search takes two months, then firing Carlisle would be tough.  You'd like the GM to make that hire and there may not be enough time to let that person do a proper evaluation before we are getting into training camp.  2.  If you are Carlisle, do you wait around?

Thankfully we don't have draft picks.  The draft is seven weeks away.  Unfortunately, we do have to figure out trades and free agency immediately after that.  If this firm does a typical search, we might not have a GM by then.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DanSchwartzgan - 06-16-2021, 04:17 PM