Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-16-2021, 01:35 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Depends who the new guy will be and how much power he gets. Maybe Rick has threatened to leave over Donnie putting together all these shitty rosters and Voulgaris telling him what to do. We don´t know. Ainge could actually strengthen Rick´s position.

Though I agree this should make Rick a little more vulnerable, which can only be a good thing, when it comes to his treatment of players and rookies. You just don´t hissy-fit Play-off Rondo over a backcourt violation or embarrass Noel multiple times in public. I doubt most GMs would tolerate such behaviour.

All I know is that we need a guy that can turn this franchise upside down, and I think that means front office and scouting department first and foremost. We need a strategic approach change and that can only happen with a powerful player.

If Mark was smart, he´d just take a step back, focus on his eucalyptus crypto currency and hand Ujiri the keys. He will find a way to hog the limelight, when Ujiri rolls in the trophies. Maybe free-handed pissing with one trophy in each arm. Tongue

That´s exactly why I can see Ujiri (if Mark is willing to step aside). Ujiri said it´s not about the money, he wants control and he wants an interesting project. Does it get more interesting than Luka?

The Rick Carlisle question to me is the most impactful thing to watch for as a possible domino effect. 

A few points to consider. 

1) Carlisle was questioned in the post game 7 loss press conference about how the way things went (in a somewhat negative direction) might affect his own future with Dallas.  His answer was essentially you'd have ask Mark Cuban that question and then in so many words from my perspective I'm not thinking in terms of going anywhere

So how much did this catch Rick by surprise?  Was he part of the decision, doesn't seem likely but who knows?). 

2) Carlisle has a long standing rep among many in the media and in the league, and in general as one of the very top coaches in the league.  Many would probably say top 5?   At the same time, Dallas hasn't been back to that area as a team for a decade now.   So how does Cuban see it?  

Brad Stevens case is interesting here.  It appears by most accounts that bumping him up to the front office was an alternative firing the highly regarded coach.  Is Carlisle in that position?  
Would a new GM want to come in without changing coaches in this situation? 

3) The Luka influence.  This being the Lebron player empowerment era, doesn't what Luka want have a major impact now?  Its not the old days where this was sort of above the players control level. 

Who is Luka's "team" and who do they like for GM and who do they like for Coach?  
Did Luka hint anything of his feelings about how the roster and coaching was being handled after the disappointing loss to the Clippers? 

Huh
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charania: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by Dahlsim - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM