Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-16-2021, 01:26 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: RC is officially on borrowed time now. If Donnie is gone, the precedence has been set. He can get the axe at any time now

Depends who the new guy will be and how much power he gets. Maybe Rick has threatened to leave over Donnie putting together all these shitty rosters and Voulgaris telling him what to do. We don´t know. Ainge could actually strengthen Rick´s position.

Though I agree this should make Rick a little more vulnerable, which can only be a good thing, when it comes to his treatment of players and rookies. You just don´t hissy-fit Play-off Rondo over a backcourt violation or embarrass Noel multiple times in public. I doubt most GMs would tolerate such behaviour.

All I know is that we need a guy that can turn this franchise upside down, and I think that means front office and scouting department first and foremost. We need a strategic approach change and that can only happen with a powerful player.

If Mark was smart, he´d just take a step back, focus on his eucalyptus crypto currency and hand Ujiri the keys. He will find a way to hog the limelight, when Ujiri rolls in the trophies. Maybe free-handed pissing with one trophy in each arm. Tongue

(06-16-2021, 01:33 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Can't see Morey or Urji.  

Mark needs to set high standards.  The pitch is we have one of the best 22 year olds ever and have him for at least the next 5 years (may prove to be wrong, but lets assume) and anyone should want to build a team around him.   
 That´s exactly why I can see Ujiri (if Mark is willing to step aside). Ujiri said it´s not about the money, he wants control and he wants an interesting project. Does it get more interesting than Luka?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charania: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by Mavs2021 - 06-16-2021, 01:35 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM