Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
(06-15-2021, 05:44 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I’ve tried to hold off on this until I could catch up a bit.  Read the article...Listen to the podcasts ect.  It doesn’t surprise me that there is dysfunction on a Cuban-led team.  It doesn’t surprise me that this was well known around the league and finally made its way into a story.  Pretty much everyone in the organization has an interest in getting things back in order and doing it quickly, even if they don’t all agree on what that looks like.  That all makes sense to me.  BTW, Congrats to Cato for how he’s handled this and handled himself in interviews.

I’ll broaden the point you touch on here.  I’m now questioning everything I’ve seen the last year plus.  Were coaching decisions I liked or disliked made by Carlisle?  Made by Carlisle under duress?  Did he do things or not do things as a protest.  Did he put people in position to fail as a passive aggressive shot at Bob?  The quote from Hollinger I posted awhile back that he wouldn’t be surprised if Carlisle left makes sense now.  

What opportunities were missed because we don’t have a singular decision maker?  Could something more productive have happened at the TDL if not for some philosophical division within the ranks?  I need to get a new hobby if the people I entrust my fandom to can’t get their act together any better than this.  

At the base level this is a story of a new guy who rubs people the wrong way, threatens the hierarchy and has more of the bosses ear than he should.  Tale as old as time.  We’ve had all sorts of stats guys around the franchise for years.  So, it isn’t that.  It really sounds like quite a few people feel strongly that their boss is making a huge mistake and were willing to share it with whoever would listen.  As the stakes got higher (the coming off-season) the chorus probably got so loud that it couldn’t be ignored any more.

I asked this about the Rookies earlier in the season and pretty much got told to shut up.

I asked if Rick was not playing them in garbage time as a jab at the Front Office...maybe he wanted different players in the draft.

Yes...I get it...they arent ready yet.   But no garbage time?

Anyway.   Who cares?   Lets get players around Luka this off-season.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM… - by dynamicalVoid - 06-15-2021, 07:48 PM