Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
(06-15-2021, 04:41 PM)Kammrath Wrote: For sure, RC is a GOOD coach. But I have serious doubts about his fit with Luka, and am 100% convinced KP is not a player he fits with.

Yes, the fit with Luka is what the organization is concerned about, according to Cato. He references times that Luka and Rick have butted heads, although those don't necessarily mean that Luka doesn't admire and respect Rick, and Rick goes out of his way to accommodate Luka. 

When questions were raised about whether Rick was long for the organization, Cuban somewhat surprisingly jumped in and denied that there was any question about Rick's tenure. Rick simultaneously rebuffed any suggestion that he might be interested in other opportunities. I wonder a little bit whether maybe Luka has given Rick the thumbs up, thus obviating the necessity to vet him through the Luka lens. Don't know, just a thought. 

I have not gotten the impression from Cato that the organization is particularly invested in ensuring Rick's fit with KP, beyond just getting along with the players in general.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM… - by mavsluvr - 06-15-2021, 05:09 PM