Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
(06-15-2021, 01:58 PM)Kammrath Wrote: i.e. GOOD journalism.

Yes, as far as appearing to be based on multiple sources, confirmation obtained, Cuban given a chance to comment, addressing an important issue, etc.

I do think the piece was slanted to present the situation as perhaps more sensational than it really is. Particularly the headline. (Authors don't typically write their own headlines, so I don't think Cato is necessarily to blame for that.)

I think that's why it was necessary for Tim to spend the whole day podcasting that he didn't really mean to suggest that Luka was threatening to leave or trying to throw his weight around, that there was a rift between Bob and Rick, that Bob was the cancer that needs to be rooted out, etc. 

I think the piece would have stood on its own, with the apparently solid reporting that was done about the front office dysfunction, and didn't require the added sensationalism, which only served to confuse the issue, imho.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM… - by mavsluvr - 06-15-2021, 02:50 PM