Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
(06-15-2021, 10:44 AM)khaled1987 Wrote: Honestly,  this is how I see it 
For years we wanted new guys in FO, now we know we have hired an analytics guy and he actually has a real input and not just another puppy for Cuban.

Now we are mad because he 2 bad interaction with 22 years old player that we know he doesn't have the best temper? And we should fire him for Donnie who has been here for decades? And go back the old ways? 

Just get this shit sorted and let everyone know his limits.

Seems like there is a big disconnect between casuals/fans and analytics guys these days.  

My opinion...I would keep the Math guys away from players or just not even let the players know there are Math guys calling the shots.

I say this because any time there is money to be made...Math will come along and change the game.   There is money to be made in NBA.   Players...for the most part...grow up playing a certain way and style and grow to love playing the game.   When a Math guy comes in and says you have to do this or this...and it changes how you see or feel about the game(not as fun)...it forms a line in the sand between players and analytics.

In a Billion dollar industry....you have to adapt to the Math.

I have seen Kevin Durant and other professional athletes hating on analytics.   I agree that its not all about analytics...but when there is a lot of money on the line....Math will find a way to pop its head up and change things.   This isnt rec center ball with nothing on the line.

Im not saying the Bob guy is the right or wrong move...just get everyone on the same page so there is no finger pointing when things go a little wrong.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM… - by dynamicalVoid - 06-15-2021, 11:28 AM