Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
This needs to end with an overhaul.  Cuban needs this to be his come to Jesus moment...though I'm not confident he can let things go.  He does have some Jerry in him and we've seen that story for decades.

If Cuban is capable of self reflection he would see that everything since 2011 has failed, save for one glorious draft night when 3 other teams screwed up royally.

Unfortunately some of the mistakes can't be undone:
- Seth for JRich; this one is not a back breaker but still a big fail for the franchise
- 2020 Draft; Bey or Bane would fit like a glove with Luka, and I still contend there was an easy path to have both
- KP; This is the biggest one and the only hope now is that a system adjustment and a healthy offseason right that ship.     Sure there is the trade option but who knows if there will actually be a deal to be had.
- Continuous Plan Powder; this one is the most egregious and the ship has sailed.  So many opportunities to add talent were punted away for a pipe dream
- The Powell extension; love the player, hate the contract...and hated it from day 1

They can't afford another mistake riddled offseason.  I don't see the home run being a possibility this offseason but there's an opportunity for some solid singles and doubles.

This franchise needs a true long term vision and I don't think the right people are in place to execute that.  Cuban has to step aside and bring in a true basketball man to build around Luka.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM… - by MaxiThreeba - 06-15-2021, 11:10 AM