Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
(06-14-2021, 09:17 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: I disagree right there.

False attacks/reports can do more damage than accurate ones, they plant doubts which is dangerous. 
Narrative can be way more important than facts for many people, as you can see in any political scene, and it matters.
Players has families who aren't as smart as agents/executives etc, who might look at those reports and whispers to their son/husband etc to not go there. 
Honestly, I think this was normal response by Cuban.

OK, after reading the thread and some of the linked content I think this is a tempest in a teapot. A LOT of frustration that the team couldn't move out of the first round and it looks like the current makeup is Luka + pile of crap. (I know that's an overstatement, but just trying to capture current sentiment). So now a report comes out that this analytics guy, reporting only to Cuban, is pulling strings normally reserved to Donnie/RC resulting in poor personnel choices, and that Luka and some of the other players don't like him enough he's now isolated from the locker room. The most damning insight is the 2020 draft decisions, if true. 

This would all be just passing waves in the ocean, except that it has been spun that Luka is (maybe, possibly, could be) not happy with the Mavs as a whole. At least that is inferred just from the story title(s) and reading the content. Luka, who is possibly the brightest young star in the league (no offense intended to Trae, Ja or any of the other young players), now has the slightest possibility of being available. In reaction, all the other teams' writers go batshit crazy writing about their wet dreams of getting Luka into their city and the original story gets waaay more airtime that it deserves. Hell, there was an article citing 2-3 ways BOS could trade for Luka within a few hours of the Cato news breaking.

It's a slow time for the team, there is frustration that the team hasn't progressed from last year (some might say its regressed), we are ready to see something done with certain personnel to address the situation, but nothing can happen until later in July. This is true for not just DAL, but a lot of other organizations as well. BOS, LAL, POR, MEM, etc.

IMO, this is all FO stuff and may result in some changes (Bye Bye, Bob?). But that's the extent.

Worth discussing here, certainly. Worth watching to see if anything happens, probably. Worth worrying about affecting Luka's commitment to the team, probably not.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM… - by michaeltex - 06-15-2021, 08:55 AM