Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
(06-14-2021, 05:33 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The guy who drafted Dirk, the guy who wanted to draft Giannis, the guy who made sure we drafted Luka vs. The guy who wanted Delon Wright and made sure we drafted Josh Green/Tyrell Terry over Saddiq Bey/Desmond Bane.

Yeah.... I hope for Cuban's sake he doesn't try to outsmart himself here.
Donnie should not get an ounce of praise for the Giannis thing. If he really was as convinced he easily could have found a way to open up the caproom without trading down. But he didn’t so how can this be brought up in his favor. I don’t buy this story at all. Just another way to make Donnie look better than he is. 

Even the Cato article specifically brought up the Reddick, KP and JRiich trades as moves Donnie pushed for. 

Nelson continued to spearhead major moves, including trades for Kristaps Porzingis and Tim Hardaway Jr. in 2019, Josh Richardson in 2020 and J.J. Redick in 2021.“

How that guy still has his job is beyond me.

(06-14-2021, 05:33 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The guy who drafted Dirk, the guy who wanted to draft Giannis, the guy who made sure we drafted Luka vs. The guy who wanted Delon Wright and made sure we drafted Josh Green/Tyrell Terry over Saddiq Bey/Desmond Bane.

Yeah.... I hope for Cuban's sake he doesn't try to outsmart himself here.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not defending the Valguris guy. If he’s done some of the things that are stated in the article it’s a no brainer to show him the door.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM… - by JamesConway - 06-14-2021, 05:42 PM