Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
(06-14-2021, 04:54 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Two quick thoughts:

1) I do NOT think Duffy is the main source of the article by any means, but there is enough in there that hints of "Luka's interests."

There is certainly a lot of speculation about Luka's agenda. Along with statements that Luka has a good relationship with the organization as a whole at present, but that "could change" if certain things go wrong. No actual indication that Luka himself has expressed a desire to jump ship. 

2) I would consider an Athletic article published by two reporters to be more than a "local blogger" piece. Seems as legit as any other possible source.

I consider the article itself legit in a journalistic sense. I just question that Luka or his representatives were a significant source. My Duffy comment was more about relationships. As far as I know, Cato's sources are mostly within the Mavericks organization, as opposed to the major agents. (Of course, it is possible that he could have sources I'm not aware of, even Duffy). Even Amick seems unlikely. Although he is a national guy, he is not usually associated with reporting on the Mavericks. 

The article sounds to me much more like it is relying on front-office based sourcing for the most part, probably not at the highest level. Could be some coaching staff input, as well.   

No?

I consider the article legitimate and important, just don't think that it's probably coming from Luka, or necessarily even represents the way he feels. In most organizations, any given employee will like some of his colleagues more than others -- it doesn't mean he is going to leave over it. Certainly, any internal dysfunction/dissatisfaction could get to the level that Luka would be affected by it. But, by the article's own admission, it isn't at that point yet. The issues should be addressed if they exist, whether Luka is bothered by it at this time or not. 
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM… - by mavsluvr - 06-14-2021, 05:14 PM