Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
(06-14-2021, 03:41 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I definitely agree with those who think Duffy is one of those voices though.
I don't know. 

Luka has always been eager to come across as a team player in the media, and has not tried to conduct campaigns against organizational policy in the press, a la KP. If our European contingent knows of a pattern of his doing so at RM, they can correct me.

The specific items cited that supposedly displeased Luka were a "calm-down" gesture, and Haralabob leaving a game 45 seconds early. Those would be uncommonly petty items to take to the press on his own, even if that were his MO. Maybe he indicated some irritation with those actions at the time, but that sounds more like someone else passing it on. This doesn't appear to be his style of confrontation. 

A local blogger would be a very weird outlet for a Duffy leak. I suppose Amick might be a little more plausible, but I don't really hear Luka or Duffy as the moving force in an article about Voulgaris that is presented as revealing a potential threat that Luka will abandon ship. Maybe one of them made a side comment or two, who knows? Sounds more like people projecting their dissatisfaction with internal dysfunction onto Luka at an imagined volcanic level, to gin up interest in their issues. 

Not to say that the dissatisfaction is unwarranted, if the charges alleged are true. Or is not important. Just that I'm not convinced Luka actually had much of a hand in this, if any.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM… - by mavsluvr - 06-14-2021, 04:40 PM