Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
(06-14-2021, 03:49 PM)burekemde Wrote: Great post K. You get deep here to the very core of the issue in my opinion. Lots of great parts but do they all fit together? That is the question.

But one thing is clear. Luka as individual part far exceeds anything else what we have on the team. He is potentially MJ or Lebron impact player.

Its great to look at Luka how he won his championships in europe. He is even better when playing with experienced veterans. Because he himself understands the experienced ones and can play with those high bbIQ players even better. Chris Paul next to Luka for instance would have been exactly what you mention that sum is greater than the individual parts. Cant say that about Jrich. He doesnt understand the complexity that Luka operates with. So doesnt Wright. And Vulgaris neither maybe? Just because he can bet, it doesnt mean he understands the level of complexity Luka is at. And if he doesnt understands that, he cant predict what is best for the Mavs. That Luka ia angry at him might underscore that.

My impression has always been to surround experienced players around Luka. The very few that do understand his complex basketball genius. Then we will get the sum is greater than the parts. Chris Paul. Vucevic. Jokic (not possibility i know). The game would get to a completely new level.

All i see now is Luka playing at a level that the rest of the team cant match. Luka continously creates open lanes for others that they dont know how to use well. Give those creases in defense to experienced players and we would see what would happen.

KP doesnt understand the chess game Luka plays for instance. Thats key part of the issues with the team. They dont fit well. They play different games IMO. Luka plays chessgame basketball ans adjusts all the time depending on the defensive looks while KP plays a different game.

We need bbIQ and veterans that know how to play the game. They have to match and fit.

After reading this, I love the idea of going after Butler, if there's any chance Miami would give him up (or if he demanded a trade...).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM… - by Scott41theMavs - 06-14-2021, 03:58 PM