Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
The part about the coach is interesting to me and now I can definitely see the endgame for RC at some point in the next few years. Looks like I was wrong about him being part of the critical decision-making of the MBT. Seems like he is just playing the cards he has been dealt to keep his job as he likes being here for stability with his family.

He has always been a control freak but now he's had to learn to be less hands-on for Luka's sake. I bet deep down, he still prefers to be calling all of the shots but he knows he has to keep Luka happy. However, as great as Luka is now, there's still no replacement for experience in the league and he is probably 3-4 years away from having the experience that RC would prefer in order to trust (like Kidd and then JJB). In the meantime, I'm not sure if RC is the guy to be able to maintain that relationship with Luka while still being able to coach him up when Luka needs it. It takes a special type of personality/teacher.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM… - by SwisherPrice - 06-14-2021, 12:38 PM