Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
(06-14-2021, 12:18 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: He's a gambler that made (and then lost) millions betting on sports.  I played poker with him a few times.  He's an intelligent guy so this isn't as bad as Jack Easterby running the Texans but it's still a bad look.  As far as I know, he's never played, coached, or had any kind of scouting experience in basketball.

On the other hand, he is a numbers/analytics guy so some people here might actually like him making the decisions.  The Delon Wright stuff makes a lot of sense based on a lot of the numbers that were being thrown around here when he signed.

The reason it seems dysfunctional is because Donnie and Carlisle are not those guys.  So who exactly is calling the shots?

Yeah, I believe that some people would love him here.   They are probably the same people who think Luka should have a 40+ usage rate and would have him have to 60 points a game while making every assist to win a game by himself all the time.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Bob Gallefinackis or whatever he's name is came up some of the hairbrained gameplans we've seen recently or wackadoodle rotation choices...it was like they figured out some of that stuff "Between Two Ferns".
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM… - by TXBamanut - 06-14-2021, 12:37 PM